When we were young, we called people names.
But then we grew up and we stopped calling people names.
Only some of us never quite grew up and never stopped calling people names.
Which leads us to…
Donald Trump, of course.
The Donald likes calling people names.
LOVES calling people names.
Calls people names during interviews.
Calls people names in speeches.
Calls people names in tweets.
The man is a walking, talking, name-calling machine.
Seriously: he stood in front of an audience at a rally and called Ted Cruz a pussy.
What kind of person does that?
A bad person, that’s who.
The Curmudgeon had been considering writing a piece on Trump’s name-calling for about a month before he got to work, and his procrastination was richly rewarded: the New York Times, it turns out, put together an exhaustive, and exhausting, collection of the worst of Trump. You can find that collection here, but if you don’t want that much, The Curmudgeon is pleased to present highlights from that collection and other sources.
First, let’s look at some of the names Trump called his opponents for the Republican nomination:
- Lyin’ Ted
- The ultimate hypocrite
- Greatly dishonest
- Lies so much and is dishonest
- A world class liar
- An idiot
- A stiff
- A total lightweight
- Little Marco
just another all talk, no action politician
- Knows nothing about finance
- Very disloyal
- Perfect little puppet
- A lightweight choker
- Looks like a little boy on stage
- Mr. Meltdown
- Not as smart as Cruz, and maybe an even bigger liar
- The lightweight no show Senator from Florida
- A joke
- Fraud lightweight
- Dishonest lightweight
- Low energy
- A sad case
- Total disaster
- A pathetic figure
- Truly weird
Next, let’s see what he had to say about the two people running for the Democratic nomination.
- Crooked Hillary
- Totally incompetent
- Weak and ineffective
- Disloyal person
- No strength, no stamina
- Not presidential material
- A disaster
- And some of the people who report on and write about political campaigns.
- Not very good or professional
- Lightweight reporter
- Unattractive both inside and out
- He’s exhausted, boring, and not even a little relevant
- Broken down
- Boring and totally biased
- Just hopeless
- So dishonest
- A dummy
- A real nut job
- Mental basketcase
- Very dumb
- Failing, crying, lost soul
- Dumb as a rock
And a few other people, just to spread the love a little.
- If I were running “The View” I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.”
- Rosie’s disgusting both inside and out. You take a look at her, she’s a slob.
- A bully
- She sucker punches people
- An average talent who’s out of touch with reality
- Somewhat of a loser, She’s lonely. She’s unhappy. She’s very miserable
- A loser
- A fraud
- Weak and ineffective
- All talk, no action may be her Native American name.
* * *
Ladies and gentlemen: presenting the very best the Republican party has to offer it country!